Monday, September 13, 2010

Today, Monday is for Manga

Here, Kuroneko is characteristically surprised by my recent purchases, after all my vows to save money to start Christmas shopping now that I'm back from vacation.



This past Saturday and Sunday, my local bargain bookstore was having a "25% off everything in the store" sale, so I could not resist going in to buy something. What I came away with was Flora's Dare by Ysabeau S. Wilce (even though I don't have the 1st book yet, I couldn't resist a good deal on the 2nd; it just encourages me to by the first book) and Skinned by Robin Wasserman because I've been thinking about reading it for a bit now. I then vowed no more books until Thursday.


Then, today Heather at Little Squeed told me that another local bargain bookstore had their manga half off for the whole month of September. Since September is nearly half over, I decided that I had to go take a look at what they had. I'm rather proud of myself, at one point I had 20 volumes in my basket, but I managed to leave with only 6, and the promise to be back before the month is over. Today I left with 4 volumes of Love Com (volumes 7-9 & 11) to add to my collection, and both volumes of Sugar Princess I've been considering this one for awhile, but didn't want to pay full price.


Now, no more buying till Thursday when I order The Replacement and Rot and Ruin from Amazon...except that I'm going to the book store tomorrow, so we shall see.


As a final note, my promised review of Peter and the Starcatchers will be up tomorrow, it sadly got delayed while I looked through all the blogs participating in Blogfest; and keep an eye out for some upcoming monthly giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment