Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Introduction to being dreamy

Let me start this by introducing myself. I am a thirty-year-old woman, with 4 cats, no children, and a boyfriend who totally gets me.



I like books about vampires, and therefore HATE the Twilight series, preferring adult series like Kelley Armstrong’s "Women of the Otherworld." I also enjoy fantasy novels, including, but by no means limited to, Harry Potter, though I don't go all fan-girl for it. Lately I've been delving into books about dystopian futures to mixed results. Finally I don't really care to read non-fiction, though I'm not completely opposed to it from time to time.


For me reading is all about the story, and I don't care how old a book is or what age it is written for as long as the story appeals to me. I often buy books just because the cover draws me in, and so far I've had good luck with them. That’s not the only way I chose books though. I visit the book store at least two or three times a week, looking through the young adult titles and reading the backs of any new book I see, and I visit Amazon even more frequently, looking at what it suggests to me based on the books that I currently own. I do tend to focus my book buying on young adult titles because I find the stories as engaging as adult books, but often with less sex or unnecessarily long descriptions about pointless parts of the story. Some of my favorite series are adult titles though, and I buy these whenever they come out. Regardless of age or content if a friend strongly suggests a title I'm more than willing to try it out.


Hopefully this has given you a bit of an idea about me, and I'll have some interesting reviews up for you to read soon.

I will start by reviewing the following books/series, so please look for them in the coming days, in no order:

Kelley Armstrong: "Waking the Witch"

Caragh O'Brien : "Birthmarked"

Susan Beth Pfeffer: "Life as we Knew it"

Rick Riordan: Percy Jackson series

Rick Riordan: "Red Pyramid"

Carrie Ryan: "The Forest of Hands and Teeth"

Thomas Wharton : "The Shadow of Malabron"

Mike Wilks: "Mirrorscape"

No comments:

Post a Comment