Thursday, January 27, 2011

Favorite Cover of the Week

One of my favorite things to do when I'm visiting other blogs is to see some of the covers that they absolutely love.  So, I finally decided that I would start posting my favorite book covers on my blog.  They may not be new books, they may not be old ones.  They are simply ones who time and time again have struck me as having amazing covers. 
So, for my first post I decided to go with The Ruby Key (which I've posted pictures of on my blog before, but its probably my favorite, so I had to start with it).





I'm not always a fan of drawn characters on the front of books.  It's completely hit or miss for me, depending on how well the artist can draw a person's face, if its even a bit off sometimes it kills the whole cover for me.  When I first saw this cover though, I was completely drawn to it, and even now, when I see it, I can't help but stop and think how pretty it is.  And, as an added bonus it really fits well with the book. 

As I said, I hope to continue doing these posts every Thursday, with a different book cover.  

4 comments:

  1. That IS a great cover! It reminds me of the one for The Kneebone Boy--the same kind of illustration, and even the same setting/characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty cover~ I love the mellow colors and super magical feel to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You won a copy of Prom and Prejudice from my blog (Consumed by Books). I wanted to stop by your blog and let you know because g-mail told me your e-mail address didn't work. I sent your info on to the publisher. I hope you enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete